Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Admiration for our Armed Services ~ Part Three


September 28

Dear Readers,          

  Rangers have participated in every major conflict in which the United States has participated, even before they received their name.

            Their courage, perseverance, and tenacity has earned them national and international acclaim and respect, even from their enemies.


        The fifth stanza of the Ranger Creed states:
            “Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country.  I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might.  Surrender is not a Ranger word.  I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.”

            Is it any wonder that this special breed of men inspired the heroes of my books and those of many others?

            “Surrender is not a Ranger word.”



Click here for Part 1
Click here for Part 2

May you know the Lord loves you,
~Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment